Re: Video Server and Distribution

"IVB" <ivb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MRLjg.5634$lp.129@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I do that.

Do you store DVDs on HDD? What format are you using?

> Extenders can only do SDTV, not HDTV. This means that they're only good
> for regular old analog TVs.

That's too bad. DLink has a HD network media player for around the same
price as a media center extender. I'd go that route, but I rather like the
idea of having access to my MCE playlists, plugins, etc.

> If I were you, I'd use 1 PC to render the video for the 85", another for
> the 35" LCD, and use the cheap extenders for the analog TVs in your house.

You said it yourself on your website: Low cost! I'd rather find a $250
solution than be building more MCE machines.  That would put me up to 3 MCE
PCs - kitchen touchscreen, living room, bedroom.

DLink should take their HD media player hardware and get with the MCE
program.