Who's using National Instruments Hardware/Labview / Measurement Studio for Home Automation?

I'm about to (re-)enter the world of National Instruments (NI) hardware and
software with the objective of modernizing and webbing my dated, hand-coded,
FORTRAN and MS/Q/VBasic data acquisition (DAC) and control code.

Know of folks using Labview, or NI VI's, or Measurement Studio, or NI
hardware with VBx or VB.net for home automation ?

I see dealers recycling old ISA-bus NI DAC hardware in the name of HA
http://www.electronicbrains.com/products.htm
but am looking for modern applications and approaches.

TIA ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org