Re: Sound recognition (not voice) - recording instances and duration of

There are numerous kits for voice activation. I would try to use one of them
(modified, if necessary) and log the times it switches on/off.

There's also a software app called Loop Recorder that records in a
continuous loop. You can set the duration of the loop. You might be able to
write some software that would start it and maybe save the result to disc
for instances of certain duration.