Re: Insteon now or wait?

First thing to try is Jeff's XTB. It may be the best solution. If the
CFL's are at fault, try a different brand and/or install in-line
filters.  I have switched to Insteon and am using Smarthome's 2414X
translator which is a beta model that never went into production.  While
the Insteon signaling protocol is far more robust than X10's, it is much
more cumbersome to setup and manage. If I were in your home I'd stick
with X10 and an XTB till a better translator is available, which, BTW,
is coming soon from Dave's workshop.