Insteon now or wait?

I've read a few of the Insteon threads, both supporters (Bruce R) and
naysayers (Dave H). I've also read about the recent recalls for warmness.
Heh, can't be much worse than my CP290 (RIP) warmness.

My X10 setup has been going to hell in a hand-basket over the past year,
lights not responding, sending one code and getting another (?) and motion
sensor lights (hardwired) turning on during the day when they should not. A
lot of these problems are due to new CFL lights, but I'm also starting to
suspect my Ocelot is acting up, although it says it's fine. As for sending
one code and getting another, it' either some code hidden somewhere I've
forgotten about or a wonky coupler/repeater. Either way I'm going to have to
spend some time and $$s to get it working again.

So I thought I might replace some of the X10 modules with Insteons to try
and improve the CFL problems. But the Insteons only repeat Insteon codes,
not X10 codes. So unless I have a Translator for the Ocelot I don't see much
value in upgrading now. I did check the Smarthome site for a translator, but
it looks like it was never produced.