Audio Matrix Switcher

Hi Guys,

I've gone around and around on whole house audio, and think I've decided
just to push normal-ol' line level signals around the house.  I like the
A-Bus stuff, pretty well, but the multi-source keypads are expensive, as are
the multi-source hubs.

I've already got stereos in most rooms, and I have a few spare amps around
for rooms where I'd prefer in-wall or ceiling speakers with a volume
control.

So, I figure a serial-controlled matrix switcher, 8out, 4in or so? Kramer
makes an 8x8, which would work fine. And I like Kramer gear, as I've got a
good bit of it in my touring video rack.

Anyone have any other ideas? Or shoot, even a home-brew kind of idea?

Thanks. :)

E. Lee Dickinson
Entertainment Design and Technology
www.leedickinson.com