Re: Insteon now or wait?

snip

> What I wonder about is what happens to all the switches that are being
> returned from customers for modification?  They're not new by any
> means. Somehow, I get the feeling based on actions up until now, they
> won't be marked "refurbished" either.  Wouldn't you agree that those
> switches would fall under anyone's interpretation of "refurbished?"

We'll have to agree to disagree on some of the other items that were
above but on this point we agree completely. Any item sold and returned
from a customer can only be resold as "B Stock" which is typically
offered at a significant discount and with a less generous warranty.  I
really don't think they'd try to pass those off as new as they don't do
that with returns now.

BTW, while my atty may have told me what I wanted to hear, he and his
firm have never hesitated to tell me what I DIDN'T want to hear. The
particular firm specializes in consumer protection matters and tends to
err on the side of caution so I believe that their opinion was based on
a thorough reading of the law rather than any desire to please me.

While we'll probably never find out for sure, it wouldn't surprise me if
SH offered special deals, discounts or refunds to those who need an
electrician to change a switch. However, if one is bright enough to
bring an action pro se in court, I have to believe that they could
handle replacing a switch - unless, of course, they actually ARE an
attorney!