Re: Does a cell phone forwarding to a land line product exist?

> mark.alanzo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I have a very limited number of day time cell minutes but unlimited
>> anytime mobile to mobile minutes and unlimited anywhere minutes on my
>> home's land line. Under our family plan I could add a phone for
>> $10/month and leave it at home. Then if I could call the "home" cell
>> phone and have the device route/forward the call to my land line I
>> could circumvent the grevious limit on my day time outbound cell phone
>> minutes.
>>
>> Surely some enterprising folks have come up with this kind of product.
>> I'm almost sure I read about something like this a year or so ago but I
>> can't recall now.

"Frank Olson"  wrote ...

> Even if you do forward your cell phone to a land line, I believe anyone
> calling in to your cell will still activate the minute timer for the cell
> (after all you *are* dialling its number).  I recall that one of my
> technicians thought he could do the same thing and he wound up using up
> his minutes without even realizing it (no warning messages to the
> call-forwarded line, it just suddenly went "dead" in the middle of a
> call).  When he contacted Rogers, they said that he was using "air time"
> regardless of where the phone is forwarded as long as the incoming call
> was dialling his cell number.  Bummer, eh?

Frank, you are misunderstanding his request.  No outside line is dialing
limited cell time.

He would be using unlimited cell to cell minutes.
What he needs is a system that answers the cell phone and patches it to a
land line.
The system then needs a way to accept an input that tells it what long
distance number he wants and dial it on the land line.

--
Bill Fuhrmann