Re: Insteon now or wait?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:66SdneqAX9y6ol7ZnZ2dnUVZ_rednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Bill Stock" <me7@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<snip>

> Do you know which outlets or lights are at the end of the circuit branch?
> I'd set up a test transmitter and take readings at each terminus to see if
> one of them was way lower than the others although I think your
> unreliability is less signal strength related than I previously thought.

No I have never mapped things out. The house is about 30+ years old, so
there are too few circuits for today's toys. I swear that half the upstairs
is on one 15amp circuit. Plus the house was added on to, so that an outlet
at the back of the house may be on the same circuit as the lights at front
of the house. It's also a mixture of original Aluminum wiring and Copper in
the basement subpanel and additions. I suspect my TW523 is in a bit of a
backwater, as it did not work at all in one outlet in the same circuit.  It
would likely help to move the TW523 closer to the fuse panel, but I'm not
sure if there is any limit on the distance to teh Ocelot?