Re: Sound recognition (not voice) - recording instances and duration of

Robert Green wrote:
> I'd just use something like CoolEdit and record for twelve or twenty four
> hours.  If you start at 12AM then you'd have a good map of exactly when it
> went off - you'd just read off the time tick marks.  With modern large hard
> disk drives,  you can record quite a bit of audio on a PC.
>
> We did a similar thing when we were concerned that the dog was barking in
> the crate when we were out.  You get a mostly flat audio file with a few
> small bumps.  It's very easy to zoom in on the little "bumps" that will show
> in the audio file.  I am sure a wa-wa siren has a pretty distinct looking
> signature.
>
> If you're looking for proof you can take to court, you might have to get a
> little more sophisticated.
>
> --
> Bobby G.

well i don't need it to prove anything in court, so your suggesting
could well work

on a related note does anywhere know of where I could source a
parabolic mic, or how i could hack my existing headset mic with a
parabolic surround?