Re: Robert L Bass - NOW 21 BBB COMPLAINTS STRONG

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B_Arg.24854$uy3.3631@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 21 complaints is a *very* high percentage?  Percentage of what? A fixed number is not a
> percentage! I'm not defending the man but statements such as this are simply nonsense when you
> don't state what the percentage is which you haven't because you have no contextual references.
> Do 21 complaints represent 5% or even 1% of his business (very high in my book too) or .005% or
> .001% of his business?  What is the annualized rate? Are the 21 complaints over 12 months or 12
> years? Remember, liars figure and figures lie. The BBB offers little contextual reference from
> which one can make an educated evaluation. They tend to do a better job for BBB Members though.
>>
>> In my book 21 BBB complaints is a *very* high percentage and
>> certainly should be a cause for concern to potential customers.

Hint # 1....read all the messages in this thread and that will give you some #s to work from.

Hint #2....look up the BBB report for other purveyors, do a little research for the estimated #
of transactions per day for them and you will see that the # of complaints for Bass is much
higher taken as a % based on those #s.

Hint #3....the BBB does provide a timespan.

Disclaimer....I have no connection whatsoever with the alarm industry in any form
whatsoever....simply making the point that the consumer should be careful when dealing with any
company or on-line store that appears to have a "complaint" problem.