Re: Leviton Intellisense Vs Others

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:JDKxf.54$Ou1.5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'd be a little concerned about having all your large loads on one leg
> and just a lot of little ones on the other. Load balancing is important.

I considered that before we did it.  The microwave and dishwasher never run
together.  Other kitchen loads are on the X10 side.  Loads like the sump and
furnace are pretty much random, but could be on together.  The BIG loads are
the 240V stove, dryer and those two A/C compressors.

In a properly wired house, it doesn't really matter which phase the loads
are on.  It is only important when the neutral is not capable of carrying
the full load.  In this house, either phase is capable of carrying the full
200A.

Jeff