Re: Trash-Bot

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:18:24 GMT, the renowned "BruceR"

>British word for sausage.

As in "Bangers & mash", British (not so haute) cusine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangers_and_mash

Apparently (I don't see anything definitive on it) bangers are
so-called because they were made of particularly poor quality
ingredients during WWII and tended to pop when cooked. J. Woodgate
would know for sure, but I hesitate to add sci.lang.translation to the
list.

>> Sorry, but what's a banger?
>> Thanks,
>>    - Win