Re: X10 Home Automation and Physical Security

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:12:47 -0300, Robert L Bass wrote:

>> I am generally thinking lights and appliances but also the security
>> system if the control panel is able to talk X10.
>
> ***Never*** allow your security to be controlled via X10. There's no
> protection against inadvertent or deliberate acts which can disable your
> protection.

Yep, I understand. The X10 protocol represents another point of entry into
the security system. With external outlets the security system could be
accessible by an invader from the outside. Given that the control panel
was able to speak X10 for controlling lights/appliances, I was concerned
that an invader/hacker could exploit a poorly engineered or flawed design
of the security panel over X10.

Again, my paranoid hat is on.

Thanks,
Kevin