X10 Home Automation and Physical Security

I am new to the automation arena and have a computer security background
so I am thinking with my "paranoid" hat on now.

Our house has a couple of external outlets for convience while doing yard
work and other activities. Looking to install some X10 devices and maybe a
security system in the future.

Could someone with physical access potentially impact the X10 devices on
the inside of the house? I am generally thinking lights and appliances but
also the security system if the control panel is able to talk X10. I
realize that they would need some kind of controller and/or laptop while
standing in front of our house.

Any thoughts?

Kevin