Re: Wall switch with 0%-10%-100% only?

BruceR wrote:
> Mark, It WILL work on ICON switches. Whoever you spoke to at Smarthome
> fed you some bad info. I installed an ICON dimmer yesterday and it has
> both local and remote preset dim and tapping the top half will bring it
> to full bright. See details on pages 18 & 24 of this ICON manual:
>  http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2876db.pdf

Are you sure you're not mistaken? The documentation only states that
pressing the top of the paddle sets the light to the local ON level. It
says to "press and hold" the paddle top to brighten from there.

Here's a test you can perform:

1. Set the Local ON level to 10% or so via the instructions on page 18
(heed the 4-minute wait).
2. Turn the light off.
3. Tap the top. The light should turn on at 10%
4. Tap the top again. What happens?