Re: Wall switch with 0%-10%-100% only?

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:17:09 -0500, Don Wiss <donwiss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:51:36 -0500, mm <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:03:57 -0500, Don Wiss wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like a wall switch that only has three settings: 0%, 10%, and 100%. It
>>>would be used for a bathroom. Of course any dimming switch could be used,
>>>but it would be more convenient to just have the settings needed.
>
>>There are plenty of dimmers with on/off while the dim setting remains
>>the same.
>
>How does that help me? You mean there is an full on in addition to the
>preset dim on?

If you want it full on you turn the knob all the way to the right.

>An example? All I've seen is the on goes to the preset dim
>on.

If you want it at the same level of dimness as the last time, you just
push the knob and you don't twist it.

This has the advantage that you can change the preset for next time in
less than a second.

That's what I do with my dining room chandelier and it works fine.

Some dimmers require going all the way to zero before you can turn the
light off, but many others don't.

>Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Since this list moves so fast, II would have emailed you a copy, but
you're making it too much work.  Other people here hide their email
address in a way that it is not too much trouble to find.

Remove NOPSAM to email me.  Please let
me know if you have posted also.