Re: Wall switch with 0%-10%-100% only?

"Don Wiss" <donwiss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ft4mr158f8a21l7lires5snm6bngrn1pnd@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:51:36 -0500, mm <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:03:57 -0500, Don Wiss wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like a wall switch that only has three settings: 0%, 10%, and 100%.
>>>It
>>>would be used for a bathroom. Of course any dimming switch could be used,
>>>but it would be more convenient to just have the settings needed.
>
>>There are plenty of dimmers with on/off while the dim setting remains
>>the same.
>
> How does that help me? You mean there is an full on in addition to the
> preset dim on? An example? All I've seen is the on goes to the preset dim
> on.

With the Insteon and Icon SwitchLincs, you can program a preset dim on-level
(no computer required).  Tap the top of the switch, and it goes to that
level.  Tap the top again, and it goes to full on.  This would seem to meet
your requirements, and you can do it with a $20 Icon (and Real Soon Now, you
can buy the Icon at your local Home Depot).

    - Dennis Brothers