Re: Z-Wave

> Give this a quick read comparing z-wave to Insteon.
>
> http://www.insteon.net/pdf/insteoncompared.pdf

While evaluating this "report" one ought to bear in mind that it
was written by Insteon as a marketing tool for Insteon.  I
noticed that one major emphasis of the article is that "Z-Wave"
is a complex, sophisticated system whereas Insteon is simple.
This is held forth as an indication of the superiority of
Insteon.

The other major track in the article is that Z-Wave uses routing
while Insteon uses simulcasting, again with the idea being that
this makes Insteon superior.  I'd have been shocked if they said
otherwise on either count, though I remain unconvinced that their
product is superior.

An awful lot of industry giants seem to have decided that Z-Wave
is the better choice.  That backing, while only indicative but
not dispositive of the question of superiority, at least puts
Z-Wave in a better position for long-term support.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms