Re: X10/Insteon

"none" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> One RF Linc per phase should work. The Insteon packets are 1823µS duration
>> so three at 120° intervals or 5556µS apart will not overlap even if there
>> is incidental coupling over the wiring.
>
>Smarthome states that Insteon is not 3-phase compatible.
>
>http://smarthome.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/smarthome.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1178

So who are you going to believe - me or the people who invented it?

I don't see any difficulties with standard messages. Insteon doesn't rely on
a traditional PLC phase coupler. The RF Lincs can receive RF asynchronously
and automatically resync with the local ZC when they resend it as PLC.

However, extended RF messages are 5625µS long which is 69µS longer than 1/3
of a 60Hz powerline cycle. There will be collisions between the RF from the
various phases if they are sending extended messages.