Re: Switching audio via an Ocelot and SECU's

Since you are using amplified speakers, the SECU16 relays will easily handle
the line level (i.e. unamplified) audio that you need to feed the speakers.
The 38W you refer to is the output of the amplifier in the speakers.  Input
to the speakers is a relatively low voltage (line level) like that put out
by the sound card in your PC.

I use PC-style amplified speakers for my whole house audio and have no
problems with buzz or hum even though some of them have 50 feet of cable
connecting them.  I use regular telephone cable (twisted pairs) for cabling
and buy it in boxes of 1000 feet for under $30.  I use the same cable for my
PIR's and other SECU inputs as well.

So far, I have not tried switching audio sources with SECU relays but I may
do that to switch from my SpeakEasy to my PC sound card so I can play MP3's
from my PC on the same speakers.

If needed, you can double up on the pairs (I do this for powering my alarm
horns with 12vdc from my wiring closet).

John W