Re: Home IR Control

Robert Green wrote:

>>Since you quoted Worthington prices than you know that a complete 3
>>receiver 4 emitter Xantech setup would cost less than $200.
>
> That's not a price that seemed obvious to me.  With single emitters at $65
> and all sorts of other connectors and accessories  my new project comes out
> way higher than that.  I know you're comparing the present value of the
> Powermids to a comparable Xantech setup, but when I jettison or rework the
> Powermids, I intend to end up with 8 IR I/O points.

"With single emitters at $65" Where did you find that price?

For the 3 receiver 4 emitter system buy one X291-KIT/RP and two X291-80.
Even at Smarthome retail prices that is $260 for all the parts.

A WAG on your current project would use the following parts:

8  X291-90  IR Receivers (includes small connecting block)
1  X791-44  1-zone amplified connecting block
1  XCB18    parallel connecting block
1  X782-00  power supply
1  X283M    10 pack IR emitters

I will let you do the pricing but it should be less than 10 of your
"single emitters at $65"...