Re: Finishing basement, suggestion on RG6 cable needed

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:55:51 -0500, BIOSMonkey wrote:

> So I'm finishing my basement, and am running all the data/com lines.
> Obviously I want the best cable I can afford for future-proofing (if
> there is such a thing).

I suggest you also run some ethernet cable while you're at it. That's what
feeds my tv's now that I've gone digital. Only place I use RG6 now is from
the antenna to the tuners in the server.

> PS- recommendations for network cable welcome too (looking at Commscope
> ultramedia)

Cat 5 utp handles gigabit ethernet. Any plenum rated cable should be fine.
You can get cat 6 if you're worried, but I wouldn't be. Brand? I don't
care as long as it's certified.