Re: Finishing basement, suggestion on RG6 cable needed

You could do what I did and instead of runing any cable, install empty
blue boxes in the walls at several locations with conduit running to an
accessible location. (Like into the gap between the first floor joists
and the basement ceiling if you have a suspended grid ceiling.)  When
we had our house built, I did just about every room in the house that
way with at least two of these boxes in each room.  If your cable
becomes obsolete, pull it out and replace it.

John