Re: Finishing basement, suggestion on RG6 cable needed

BIOSMonkey <none@xxxxxxxx> wrote in

> So I'm finishing my basement, and am running all the data/com lines.
> Obviously I want the best cable I can afford for future-proofing (if
> there is such a thing).
>
> I can't decide between a single RG6 for everything (satellite and
> cable TV), or one high-end for satellite and a cheaper one for cable.
> I thought it would be best to use one for everything, but due to cost
> I am not sure if high-end low loss digital cable would be overkill for
> CATV (I should note though that I do have broadband cable modem).
>
> For the all-in-one cable, I am looking at Belden 7916A, which is quad
> shield RG6 sweep tested to 3Ghz.  I am not sure if I really need quad,
> but thought it might be best for the CATV runs.
>
> Or, I could get Belden 1694A (low loss RG6 swept to 3Gz, non-quad) for
> satellite and a cheaper RG6 for cable.
>
> Or, just get the 1694A for everything.
>
> Recommendations?
>
> PS- recommendations for network cable welcome too (looking at
> Commscope ultramedia)

I concur, conduit is one of the best ideas.

As for cost of the cabling, if you're finishing the entire basement, I
would think that the cost of decent cabling is negligible in the grand
scheme of things.

I did a quick search on the Belden Quad Shield P/N you supplied, and the
second hit had it for $125/1000 ft.