Re: Detecting where a coax cable goes to

"Since not all coax jacks in the rooms are connected to a tv,
 it's not just a matter of disconnecting one cable after another
from the splitter and seeing which tv loses its signal"
I can think of two ways right away.  The way I would do it is
to get a small TV and conenct it to a cable outlet.  Turn the sound
up high.  Go in the attic and perhaps with a helper listening
disconnect one coax at a time.  bingo.

the hard way would be to use a volt-ohm meter.  disconnect all the coax
in the attic and jumper one outlet
across itself.  then check in the attic for the line with 0 resistance.
...thehick