Re: Finishing basement, suggestion on RG6 cable needed

> I don't know how big your house is. If it's to big for a solid WiFI
> signal from one access point I'd do some planning for as many AP
> locations as necessary to give youself a strong signal, everywhere.
>
> Pull a Cat5 cable from your cable closet to each of these
> locations. They can be in closets, crawlspaces, etc, in the rafters of
> the basement space.  You don't even have to terminate the cables until
> you want to light up the WiFi signal in that part of the house.  The
> AP will be powered over the ethernet cable, so you don't need to have
> a power receptacle near the AP.

My $.02.
Cable is cheap. Even the good stuff when compared to tearing up a wall
later.

Run 2 coax cables to anywhere you might want to put a TiVo, Sat, etc...
Then you can feed the output from that box back to the rest of the
house. (Although this is less of an issue with Dish giving away 4 boxes
for almost nothing these days.) Run 2 Cat5 to each location. Some of
these things need a phone line these days. And some need and/or you will
likely want to put Ethernet at some of these drops. I'm getting ready to
put another access point in my house using some "spare" cat5 as my main
heating duct, plumbing chase, fridge, and wire lathe plaster backing
tends to isolate parts of my house from any single wireless point.