Re: Need Door Bell generator for whole house audio

I've done it, but it's not pretty.  I
used a miniature Casio keyboard that you
can record a song.  I built a simple
timing circuit with 555 timers.  When you
press the doorbell, the circuit turns on
the intercom and connects all the inside
speakers to the amp.  After a 1/2
second, the Casio is triggered to play the
song.  The second timer shuts the whole
thing down after about 10 seconds.
See, it's not pretty, but it works and
you can hear the doorbell in any room.
As I will probably be selling the house
in about a year, I will probably replace
the Casio with a non-volatile recording
module.  Now, when there is a power
failure, I have to re-program the Casio.