Re: Converting a US 300MHz RMS18/MS12A motion sensor to transmit at 433.92 MHz

Actually, the changes you make *reduce* the power. It's the added antenna
that gives you extra range.

Here, soldering the antenna lead will detune the transmitter. But range can
be increased substantially by just placing a wavelength/2 wire *near* the
device but with no direct connection.

nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:

>I should have read your article before commenting. ;)
>
>I now see you are changing the components that control the output power.
>
>Since you're installing a SAW resonator you won't see tuning problems but
>it's easy to detune the US models just by adding a little solder.
>
>"Stefan van der Horst" <stefan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Hi Dave
>>
>>Thx for the 310 notice. I changed the article.
>>
>>The RF transmitter I build is 100% the same as the RF transmitter installed
>>in the european MS13E motion detectors. The current and voltage provided to
>>the RF module are the same as the european models. I don't have the
>>equipement to test the power but I was able to span app 30 meters in open
>>field and 20 meters in house through brick walls.
>>
>>I'll add your link to the article as well.
>>
>>For my purpose the rf power is high enough.
>>
>>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> One correction: The US frequency is 310MHz.
>>>
>>> You also should be aware that the FCC severely restricts the power that
>>> can
>>> be used by these devices. CE power limits are much higher. So while you
>>> might save a bit (assuming your time has no value) this way you'll end up
>>> with much less range than with the European versions. See...
>>>
>>>     http://www.radiometrix.co.uk/apps/apnt102.htm
>>>
>>> A simpler approach might be to merely disable the 310MHz circuitry and add
>>> 433.92MHz RF transmitter module. There's a small 4-pin transmitter widely