Re: control outside lights with garage door remote?

"Brad Houser" <bradDOThouser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1bdgqov90i0ui$.mw2bhogd57k5$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:31:22 -0500, pak wrote:
>
> > Bill - sorry for delay in responding- it's a Sears 3/4 HP 315 MHz, model #
> > 139.53990D. This is all I could find in terms of a "web page"
> > http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00953990000&tab=spe#tab
> >
> > Not sure if page helps. I'd really like to figure this out.
> > ake the wires
>
> >> from the opener, attach to the X10 switch module and then send a powerline
> >> signal to another X10 module for the lights.
> >>
> >> But it really all depends on what that opener actually provides.  What
> >> make/model is it?  Is there a webpage for it online?  Or, better yet, call
> >> Sears and ask your specific question.
> >>

> >> "pak" <eckerpw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> The key word is "Homelink Compatible" which means it will interface with
> X-10. I suspect the receiver plugs into the wall and sends an On/Off code
> to a selectable house/unit number.
>
> BH

Homelink devices are RF "learning".
AFAIK, X10 doesn't offer a learning RF receiver module.

My wife's Acura has a three button Homelink RF transmitter that can be trained
to send X10 RF signals.  In training mode it receives RF and "learns" the signal
it "hears".  One of the buttons operates the garage door operator and one sends
RF to the X10 transceiver in the house.  The Homelink unit learns X10 commands
by training on a signal from X10 RF sending device.

This product from Sears should be suitable for use with a Homelink transmitter...
"Craftsman Plug In Light Control for Garage Door Opener
Sears item #00953786000 Mfr. model #53786"

I don't believe it uses X10 house/unit codes.  It is likely a self contained
RF learning receiver with a switched receptacle to control a table or
floor lamp.

Look here:
http://www.homelink.com/home/faq.tml