What is lowest wattage for WS467

I just installed a WS467 wall switch to control a 4 watt night light and
was surprised to find it doesn't work.

If I use the switch, the light varies from dim to normal, but will not
go totally off.

If I attempt to turn it on or off using a remote, nothing at all happens.

If I replace the 4 watt bulb with a larger bulb, it works properly.

I previously used used an wall outlet to control this light, but the
loud clack when turning on or off was disturbing.

Has anyone modified this switch to work with smaller loads?

Thanks