Re: roZetta protocols

FCC Part 15 rules require that such devices undergo FCC specified tests in
an FCC accredited laboratory *before* they can be sold in the US. Industry
Canada (FCC counterpart in Canada) has similar rules. The testing can cost
$5K and up per model. Some companies try to gain a competitive advantage by
deliberately ignoring the testing requirements.

Such devices must either have an FCC ID or have a Statement of Compliance
on the device itself and both require the tests. If you look at RF devices
from legitimate companies you will find they have one or the other. For
instance, the MR26A bears the FCC logo and the statement "Tested To Comply
with FCC Standards" and the CM17A bears "FCC ID: B4SCM17A". The difference
is that transmitters and certain types of receivers must have the test data
submitted to the FCC who then issues the FCC ID while other receivers merely
require that the testing be done and that the test data (from an FCC
accredited lab) be on file before the device can be sold.

The FCC rules allow an exemption from testing for DIY "home built" devices.

If you would like to read the FCC Part 15 rules for yourself the latest
version is always available on the FCC website...

     http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/rules/