roZetta protocols

roZetta will understand the protocols for...

     TW523/PL513
     CM11A
     2414S
     UPB PIM
     CPU-XA/Ocelot/Leopard
     MR26A

roZetta will emulate a TW523 for any controller (e.g. Ocelot, JDS Stargate,
HomeVision, Omni) that expects a TW523 attached to its PLC port and can
output PLC codes using any of the above listed devices (MR26A excepted).

I've designed a generic DIY project board that fits a standard Polycase
LP11(F) 2.5x2.5x1" enclosure that can be used to build RF receiver modules
for anything using ASK modulation and either 310, 315, 418, or 433.92MHz
(for which Mouser sells $5 receiver modules). I will create firmware for an
8-pin PIC to decode the RF and output the codes via RS232. These will have
to be "home-built" although I'm willing to discuss supplying them assembled
for anyone willing to pay for FCC testing ($5K and up).

I've already committed to try to support the Oregon Scientific (and Radio
Shack) wireless weather transmitters. (Actually, roZetta might also
interface with their serial devices.)

I know the protocol for Crestron RF but wonder whether it's worthwhile to
support it since they appear to be moving to Zigbee. I also understand
Lutron's RadioRA protocol but am not sure it lends itself to this
application - their codes are ridiculously long which would require extra
memory in any receiver.

I'm willing to entertain suggestions but will not actually start working on
any suggestions until after I've released the first version of the firmware.

roZetta will be field upgradable so the fact that early firmware will not
support these other devices is not an issue.

Some of the wireless protocols will not require much in the way of roZetta
resources. The RF receiver will output a hex string and the user can specify
a response. roZetta will not need to "understand" the underlying protocol
and no handshaking is needed so roZetta will be able to support lots of
these device types.

Others (e.g. Oregon Scientific weather devices) will be inputting variable
data and roZetta will need some level of "understanding" to deal with the
data. I might be able to generalize the approach I took with variable
sensors in the BX24-AHT but these types of devices will always require more
resources so only those with wide appeal and for which the protocol is
available will be supported.