Re: translator question

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:59:17 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote
in message  <43d0f4a2.37197703@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I'm considering tackling the TW523 emulator translator.

A TW523 converter would probably have more use than the CM11a hydra-headed
translator that I suggested 4-5 years ago because most PC-centric HA
software now has support for multiple protocols . For example, Homeseer
supports X-10 INSTEON, UPB, Z-wave, and soon Centralite and others.

Ditto for Elk MG1 which doesn't require a pc 24x7.

Main use would seem to be for retro-fitting Adicon Ocelot and Elk MM443
Magic Modules.

>I've had some preliminary discussion with the ZX-24 developer about
>publishing this as an Application Note on the ZX-24 web site.

This effort would be useful to more than just those needing to upgrade older
equipment if you posted the ZX/BX source code. In generally it is readily
translated to BASCOM and so ported to more powerful ATMEL devices with more
than one hardware UART which would make the device more useful.

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org