Re: roZetta protocols

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Users will be able to select a default action for messages received from
>> any port. The most likely action with the MR26A will be to send a PLC
>> command using one of the supported PLC interfaces.
>
>Ah, that makes sense.

If you want an MR26A input to trigger an output from a different (i.e.
non-default) device you'll just tell it what you want, using very simple
syntax. For example, with an MR26A on S1 and an ASCII device (e.g. your
Lutron gateway) on S2 you create an entry (in a text file)...

[t1]
default=t2
device=TW523

[t2]
default=t1
device=JDS Stargate

[s1]
device=MR26A
default=t1
D5 AA B0 30 AD=s2, (your ASCII command), [parameters]

[s2]
default=
device=ASCII

[s3]
default=
device=2414S

[s4]
default=
device=PCS UPB PIM

There will be a section for each port. The entry on the left of = is the
input and, on the right, the output. In [parameters] you will be able to
specify a timeslot and days of the week when the command will be valid.
There can be multiple entries for a single input so you can vary timeslots
based on weekdays or holidays.

I'll create a Windows interface similar to what I did for the BX24-AHT which
you can use to enter data and download it to roZetta. The BX24-AHT manual is
available at...

     http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/bx24-aht_files.htm

This will be similar.

There will be another file defining events triggered by time of day with
optional DST offsets. roZetta will compute local dawn/dusk based on latitude
& longitude entries.

I'll publish the details on how the data is stored within roZetta so others
can create interfaces.

>> Does Lutron have a serial device that can send/receive RadioRA? It would
>> be simple to interface with that (assuming the protocol is available).
>
>Yes, they do make a RadioRA serial gateway.  I have one already.

What software do you use with it now?

I have a replacement PIC that allows the MR26A to also handle X-10 security
codes, Ninja camera positioning codes and Digimax 210 (European RF
thermostat) codes. It also has a bit more intelligence that the X-10 chip
only sending a single copy of the code. It will require soldering an SOIC-8
chip. It's fairly simple to give the MR26A a more efficient antenna. I've
published plans in the past and will include them on the new web page for
roZetta.