Re: Late to the party: What's Rosetta?

Dave--

Thanks for the info.  Although I've just put together a BX24-AHT
system (and bought two more PC boards besides), I'll have to get one
of these also.  I'll be watching for further developments...

Regards, Phil C.

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:56:27 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston)
wrote:

>nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
>
>>I'm willing to consider anything for which I can get the documentation
>>and someone will loan me the hardware.
>
>I need to weasel out of that just a bit.
>
>The ZX-24 only has 32K of EEPROM which is used both for program and data
>storage. While I've added a socket for a 64K I²C EEPROM for additional data,
>the ZX-24 onboard EEPROM still has to be treated as a scarce commodity.
>Adding native support for protocols will use up some EEPROM so I need to be
>selective, supporting only those devices that are most common. ASCII and
>binary protocols that do not require handshaking can be supported without
>roZetta needing to know anything about them so they only use up data memory.
>
>I've socketed the I²C EEPROM so it can be easily replaced, if necessary. I'm
>specifying a Microchip EEPROM that can withstand 1,000,000 erase/write
>cycles which means it might wear out with frequent changes to the data. With
>one erase/write cycle per day it will need replacing in 4742. YMMV. ;-^)

** To respond, remove the crap from my addy...  **