Re: Open Source Thermostat and more (Schematics)

On 21 Feb 2006 16:48:08 -0800, William at MyBlueRoom wrote:
> Thank you. The more people that add their feedback will make these
> projects a reality. I'm working on more content to describe operation
> and adding one more really simple (but pretty neat IMHO) remote
> temperature sensor RS485 of course.

You should check the HCS II project, it uses several 8031 boards and
PIC boards. The one thing you really lack is software.

> I  came across ages ago a very simple RS485 to RS232 using only 2 1.2K
> resistors! It was very basic but it worked, I've lost the schematics
> ages ago. Elektor or Circuit Cellar maybe.

I don't remember seeing anything like that in Circuit Cellar. I have
my doubts that it would work for bidirectional communication. Isn't
RS485 a + and - signal? I wonder if that was for sniffing the RS485.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site