Re: x10 vs wireless network

On 24 Feb 2006 04:42:24 -0800, Lew wrote:
> Since they both use 2.4Ghz, is there a problem with trying to set up an
> X10 system where a Netgear wireless network is already operating?

Since it sounds like your talking about the X10 Wireless cameras that
operate at 2.4 GHz, then it is my understanding that you will have
trouble as the X10 wireless camera uses the entire 2.4GHz range. I
haven't had the camera on while my 802.11 network has been running so
I can't say for sure.

As Dave was pointing out the X10 power line controllers and modules do
not interfere with the 802.11 network and the handheld RF devices
don't interfere with and 802.11 network either.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site