Re: x10 vs wireless network

Aha!  The X10 stuff should work okay if I use 110V-outlet-based
equipment, eh?

Overall, what is your opinion of how the X10 equipment works when being
controlled by a computer?

I want to have a system that mainly controls lights -- dimming, and
turning on when someone walks into an area (temporarily lighting up
stairways, etc.).  I'd also like a pseudo-emergency setting that turns
on all the outside lights and many of the inside lights.

While I'm at it, I think I'll have the computer control the four HVAC
zones in the house.

Thanks,

Lew