dimmer lights for house

I am busy in the infancy stage of automating my home and am trying to
limit any wastage on what I buy. I have Halogen downlighters in most
rooms and would like to be able to dim all lights per room with the
Easy Touch X10 remote. Will I have to buy the Micro Module (LWM1) to
install behind all my light switch, one per switch or will I be able to
just get a New Din Rail Dimmer (LD11E). If I have more than one room
per lighting circuit will this Rail Dimmer be able to seperate the
light circuits or will I be limited to using this where one circuit
covers one room (area of interest)??

Thanks in advance