Re: Wake On Lan over the Internet

Generally, WOL is not considered to work on anything other than the same
local subnet.  That it can be done via a firewall UDP port is admirable but
not expected.  Not to mention a bit of a security risk.

If it's failing after some interval that might be due to the router clearing
it's cache of known arp destinations.  I don't know of too many routers that
have the ability to retain arp mappings, let alone be programmed with them
ahead of time.

There may not be a way to resolve this.  But you'd have to check with the
router maker to be sure.