Re: Dedicated Z-wave sites?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm not going to bother researching the numerous tales of people who have
>done nothing more sinister than download the MS patch of the month and who
>have then had scanners, printers, cameras, sounds cards, applications and
>more just stop working.   They didn't choose or load "bad" equipment.  They
>were caught in the "you have to upgrade bind where the upgrade can both
>giveth and taketh away.

And that's getting a lot worse with the "applefication" of
"Father-Knows-Best" patches. I cringe everytime I see the "Click here to
install the latest patches" message like I saw this week on my XP machine.
Had this morning's 1-1/2 hr power failure (courtesy of Duke Energy who seems
to think that frequent glitches will help the regulators approve their
requested rate hike) more closely followed the patch, I might have just
burned the XP machine. (I did need some way to cook breakfast and make
coffee.)

http://davehouston.net