Re: X10 signals can be TOO strong!

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:zrSdneO1qLkKLeDYnZ2dnUVZ_qunnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx

> Sounds to me like you've duplicated the problem that Insteon was
> experiencing with flicker!  Just plug in an unfiltered signal sucker.
That
> should attenuate the signal back down to an acceptable level.  (-:

A signal sucker didn't attenuate the XTB-II output enough.  What works is
running that lamp module through a X10 5A plug-in filter.  The XTB-II still
punches enough signal through the filter so that the lamp module works fine.

This must be load related because the other modules on that same circuit do
not exhibit any flicker.  As I recall, the Insteon problem was only reported
on wall switches with heavy loads.

Jeff