Re: X10 signals can be TOO strong!

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:xFhfh.471684

<stuff snipped>

> Apparently a 30Vpp X10 burst is sufficient to couple into the lamp
module's
> triac, causing it to trigger full-on for those half cycles of the AC
power.
> This causes flicker in sync with each X10 transmission.  Actually, it's
kind
> of neat because I can see whenever the Ocelot is sending out a command.
The
> effect was most evident last night as the module was stepped down to max
> dim.

Sounds to me like you've duplicated the problem that Insteon was
experiencing with flicker!  Just plug in an unfiltered signal sucker.  That
should attenuate the signal back down to an acceptable level.  (-:

FWIW, the Control Linc Maxi's have a status LED that can be set to blink in
synch with any X-10 transmission.  It's pretty useful.

--
Bobby G.