Doggie doors

I'm wanted to install some doggie doors in the house for some future
residents, but I want to keep the other varmints of neighborhood out.
I've seen doors that are wired up, and with a collar on the dog, will
only let that dog in. Anyone have experience with these? Any DIY
solutions that I can wire up to my existing HA setup?

http://homepage.mac.com/gregjsmith