Re: Doggie doors

On 10 Dec 2006 16:51:22 -0800, "machead" <gregjsmith@xxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <1165798282.658119.223090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I'm wanted to install some doggie doors in the house for some future
>residents, but I want to keep the other varmints of neighborhood out.
>I've seen doors that are wired up, and with a collar on the dog, will
>only let that dog in. Anyone have experience with these? Any DIY
>solutions that I can wire up to my existing HA setup?

http://www.petsafe.net/
http://www.reilor.biz/index.php
http://www.petdoors.com/index.htm
http://www.petdoors.com/power_pet_automatic_pet_doors.htm#t
http://www.solopetdoors.com/features.htm

I have similar questions. I'm building the door itself from scratch but
would like a commercial solution that controls direction from which the
pet-collar will cause door to open.

This is the most likely commercial candidate to hack I've seen so far,
but oh so very ugly! And I've no idea what it might take to make
externally controllable although it ma simply require SPST switches
across the contacts of the existing push buttons (assuming they aren't
capacitive or membrane.

http://www.petdoors.com/power_pet_automatic_pet_doors.htm

Here's the mechanical design for a DIY using a car radio antenna motor:
http://www.hometoys.com/tips/tips20.htm

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org