Pool Temperature Monitoring

I need to monitor IG pool water temperature. I have an OmniPro II and
HAI 14A00-8 Water Temperture sensor.   Any idea exactly how to get
temperature measurement into the water flow.  I was thinking a
thermowell installed in return PVC but I'm not sure which type of
Thermowell or exactly how to install.  I'm concerned drilling a hole in
PVC for temperature sensor will cause leakage under pressure.  Are
there any simpler methods, short of wrapping sensor outside of pipe
with insulation?   Any other ideas?  Thanks !