Re: Random X10 all lights on/all units off over and over

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>  What other transmitters were still plugged in?  You must have had some
sort of
> line interface for Homeseer.  Is there any chance the source was there?

Good point.  If all X-10 transceivers are off line, then what is reading PLC
codes and doing the recording to the Homeseer log?  I'd set an appliance or
lamp module to one of the "constant noise" codes and see if that module was
activated both BEFORE AND AFTER the Homeseer interface was disconnected.
That's my guess where this problem lies.

N.B. to the OP, the time has come, my friend, for you to buy an ESM1 or a
Monterey.  Solving problems like this without a meter are at least 10 times
as hard.  It's a sad but true fact.  Someone used to rent them - not sure if
they still do - but they're not so expensive that it's worth chasing your
tail for sometimes days at a time tracking down a problem that's so easy to
find with the right tools.

--
Bobby G.