Re: Ability to drive multiple IR transmitters independantly from PC

"Alexis" wrote...

> Currently there are 10 identical displays, which accept commands from a
> remote control to switch on and off (discrete commands for each action). I
> want something that I can connect up to a PC and will allow me to switch
> on and off each display individually.

What program in the computer will do the control?  Is the computer deciding
when each projector gets tuned on/off?
If not, have you considered a box with 20 buttons, one for each projector?

Since you don't need "any and all" commands to be sent to the projectors,
you could use a remote (or something that can learn the IR pattern) with a
long wire between the LED and the remote, then a signal from whatever the
triggers the remote.

If all the projectors respond to the same signal, one remote could be wired
to all the LEDs (with appropriate buffering) via a control matrix that would
connect the remote to the correct LED(s) and triggers the remote.
That could be done without a computer (a small amount of logic and some
transistors) or could be done with a simple digital output card.

--
Bill Fuhrmann