Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:06:44 -0500, Robert Green wrote:

> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> X10 did produce two-way modules that can provide a status acknowledge.
>> I understand they don't sell nearly as well as the cheap receive only
> modules.
>> So cost remains the biggest driver in X10 sales.
>
> That's one conclusion you can draw.  Another is that they're basically
> useless because they tell you the state of the switch, not of the load!

Yes and no.

The LM14A 2-way lamp module reports the brightness level
setting and whether or not the lamp is actually connected.
The information is contained in the Extended Code Status Ack.

The AM14A Appliance Module is supposed to report whether of not
the load is connected, but is buggy and (almost) always reports
that the load is connected when it's not.